History of Innovation
Aptar is built on a lifetime of adapting solutions and changing the future.
Adapting to Make Your Life Better
We may be known for our molding technologies, but it’s our ability to mold and maintain long-term relationships with the world’s leading brands that makes us special.
This legacy underlies a distinctive corporate culture strengthened by strong leadership, unique team-members and dedicated share-holders that all believe in Aptar’s purpose: To re-imagine consumer packaging and drug delivery solutions to improve everyday lives, everywhere.
What started out as three entrepreneurs from the U.S., Germany and France has evolved into a company that spans the globe.
This same entrepreneurial spirit can be found everyday through our commitment to sustainability and innovation. Watch our video below to learn more.
A Look Back
Take a look into the Aptar legacy, from the early days of our founding companies, to the year we became an independent company trading on the New York Stock Exchange, to the innovative packaging and drug delivery solutions leader that we are today.
1940 - 1960
- Our founding companies started in the US, France and Germany
1960 - 1980
- Acquired by the Pittway Corporation
- Started manufacturing spray valves and pumps
1980 - 2000
- Started molding dispensing closures
- Aptar becomes a publicly traded company in the New York Stock Exchange, 1993
2000 - Today
- $2.9 billion in revenue with 13,000 employees in 20 different countries
- Barron’s Top 100 Most Sustainable Companies in America, 2019 and 2020
- Named to Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, 2020 and 2021
- JUST Capital’s Top 10 Companies Leading in Reducing Environmental Impact, 2021
- 3BL Media’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 2021
Latest from Aptar
Aptar Recognized with Four AmeriStar Awards
Press Releases, Beauty, Food + Beverage, Sustainability, Awards
Aptar Pharma Acquires Orbital™ Dry Powder Inhaler (DPI) License
Press Releases, Pharmaceutical, Device Innovations, Brand Differentiation, Product Solutions
Aptar Reports Second Quarter 2022 Results
Aptar CEO Stephan Tanda Returns to CNBC’s “The Exchange”
Article, Working at Aptar, Financial News