History of Innovation
Aptar is built on a lifetime of adapting solutions and changing the future.
Adapting to Make Your Life Better
We may be known for our molding technologies, but it’s our ability to mold and maintain long-term relationships with the world’s leading brands that makes us special.
This legacy underlies a distinctive corporate culture strengthened by strong leadership, unique team-members and dedicated share-holders that all believe in Aptar’s purpose: Transforming ideas into solutions that improve everyday life.
What started out as three entrepreneurs from the U.S., Germany and France has evolved into a company that spans the globe.
This same entrepreneurial spirit can be found everyday through our commitment to sustainability and innovation. Watch our video below to learn more.
A Look Back
Take a look into the Aptar legacy, from the early days of our founding companies, to the year we became an independent company trading on the New York Stock Exchange, to the innovative packaging and drug delivery solutions leader that we are today.
1940 - 1960
- Our founding companies started in the US, France and Germany
1960 - 1980
- Acquired by the Pittway Corporation
- Started manufacturing spray valves and pumps
1980 - 2000
- Started molding dispensing closures
- Aptar becomes a publicly traded company in the New York Stock Exchange, 1993
2000 - Today
- $3.3 billion in revenue with 13,500 employees in 20 different countries
- One of Barron’s Top 100 Most Sustainable Companies in America
- One of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies
- A Forbes Female-Friendly Company
- JUST Capital’s Top 10 Companies Leading in Reducing Environmental Impact, 2021
- 3BL Media’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 2021
Latest from Aptar
Aptar Closures Acquires Majority Stake of Gulf Closures, Adding Manufacturing Capabil...
Press Releases, Closures, Financial News
Aptar Surpasses Emissions Reduction Goals and Issues Updated Science-Based Targets in...
Press Releases, Sustainability
Aptar Named One of Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable Companies for the Fifth Consecutiv...
Professional Equity Index for Women and Men at Aptar’s Locations in France for 2022
Article, Working at Aptar
How Can We Help?
- Explore Our Latest Innovation & Insights
- Discover Our Product Solutions
- Find Resources
- See What's New in Sustainability
Partner with Us
We’re here to help with product development. Whether you’re working on a new device, looking to become a supplier—or everything in between—your partnership is valued.