Crystal Lake, Illinois, July 28, 2022 — AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR), a global leader in drug delivery, consumer product dispensing and active material science solutions and services, today reported net income of $64 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2022, a 15% increase over the prior year. Reported sales grew 4% and core sales increased by 10% over the prior year.
“Aptar delivered a strong quarter, remaining resilient while navigating a very dynamic and uncertain environment. As we look to the year ahead, we will remain focused on pricing initiatives to help offset continued rising input costs, managing our expenses and prudently allocating our capital by investing in services and product lines that drive shareholder return over the long term,” said Stephan B. Tanda, President and CEO, Aptar.
Second Quarter 2022 Summary
- Reported sales grew 4% and net income increased 15% to $64 million
- Core sales increased 10% and adjusted EBITDA increased 8% to $160 million
- Reported earnings per share increased 17% to $0.95 compared to $0.81 in the prior year
- Adjusted earnings per share increased 13% to $0.96 compared to $0.85 in the prior year (including comparable exchange rates)
- Each segment achieved sales growth through improved volume as well as increased pricing, with Pharma and Beauty + Home segments reaching double-digit core sales growth