Rules of Leadership
Leading with principles
Share a Vision
- Beyond earning money people want to know why they are working, they need a vision
- Attract and develop high potential people
Lead and Manage
Focus the Organization
- Set targets and objectives
Be Flexible to Change
- Challenge the status quo. Put mental energy into organization to ameliorate. Create desire for change.
Walk the Talk
- Make your actions consistent with your words
Treat People Fairly
- Treat other people as you want to be treated
- Give people support and help without expecting something in return
Be Open, Get Openness
- Make the first step - open yourself and people will be ready to open themselves. Let people say what is on their mind.
Allow for Failure
- Don't punish people for making a mistake
Give and Allow Feedback
- Constantly inform people about their performance and accept criticism on yours. Communicate!