Our lab experts are able to conduct dimensional analysis, functionality and compatibility tests following specific laboratory test procedures for each product technology in compliance with local legislation.
Our lab departments are organized by product technology and based in the most relevant Aptar facilities.
Our lab departments are organized by product technology and based in the most relevant Aptar facilities. Our lab experts conduct testing to specific requirements following our test procedures and provide you with final recommendations. We have created laboratory test procedures for each product technology in compliance with local legislation. The main part of our laboratory test is composed of the following types:
To check the conformity of components in the development or improvement process and to observe the presence of defects on components
To find the behavior of a new product/pump in the main performances and to investigate if a pump’s characteristics meet the requirements
To prove the “resistance” of the pump materials to the chemical action of customer bulk and to evaluate the behavior of the pump’s characteristics over time
Other tests we offer to meet our customers’ needs
Characterization of customer products
- Measurement of the rheological properties of a liquid (viscosity vs. shear rate curve–density)
- Spray pattern analysis (fragrance)
- Drop size measurement (fragrance)
Classic packaging tests
- Vacuum sealing test according to variable test conditions (duration/pressure)
- Mechanical stress/compression tests (measurement of fitting/pull-off force between packaging parts, static collapsing loads, etc.)
- Torque measurements (application/removal torques, actuator opening torque, etc.) with both manual and motorized torque meter
- Torqueing device simulating real torqueing operations
- Drop tests/transport simulation
- Color measurement with spectrophotometer in both reflectance and transmittance
Special functional tests
- Force to actuate measurement (with actuation speed adjustable to real user conditions)
- Water ingression test
Examples of our compatibility and functionality testing include:
- Aerosol valve and insert compatibility
- Spray pattern testing
- Gasket swell testing
- Silicone valve testing
- Force tests characterization
Latest Beauty Innovation & Insights
Introducing Star Drop, a Dropper Solution for Ultra-Fluid Formulas
Article, Beauty, Innovation & Insights, Product Solutions
Aptar Beauty + Home receives two sustainability certifications.
Press Releases, Beauty, Innovation & Insights, Awards, Customer Success Story, Sustainability
Aptar Beauty + Home Showcases Omnichannel Packaging Solutions.
Article, Beauty, Innovation & Insights, Market Insights, Product Solutions
Covid-19 Foresight Study: How have Consumer Expectations Changed in the midst of the ...
Article, Beauty, Innovation & Insights, Market Insights